Open daily (11am-3pm). Group bookings (20+) possible.
Pedal or Paddle around…
Visitors to Castlecomer Discovery Park can enjoy leisurely boating activities on the larger of our two picturesque lakes, in our stunning natural woodland setting. The lakes are surrounded by a variety of magnificent trees, and you can admire the backdrop of the beautiful recently restored 17th century stone bridge.
Our introduction of boating activities gives you the chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of our 80-acre woodland. So whether you’re after a fast-paced or leisurely cruise around the lake you can still fit in some exercise while having fun on our Pedal boats and Canadian canoes!
It is not currently possible to pre-book boating online or by phone. We accept walk-in customers on the day either at the Visitor Centre or directly at the lake.
Enjoy our Canadian canoes and Pedal boats!
- MAX FEE €15 per boat for 30mins (min. 2 persons per boat, Max 2 adults per boat)
- MAX 4 persons per paddle boat (min. age 4 years. Under 16’s must be accompanied by adult)
- MAX 3 persons per canoe (min. age 12 years. Under 16’s must be accompanied by adult)
- Change of clothes recommended, suitable footwear required (no flip-flops)
- Misconduct will result in removal from the lake, no jumping into the water.