All Activities now closed until Mid Term Break February 2018.
Castlecomer Discovery Park offers an exciting range of activities around the estate including tree top walks, climbing walls, boating, adventure playgrounds, orienteering and most recently Ireland’s longest zip wire and high ropes challenge. At the hub of the site, there is the Irish Mining Museum, a purpose-built cafe, craft village, and spaces for educational activities.
Castlecomer Discovery Park comprises 80 acres of natural woodland and lakes. It opened to the public in 2007 to commemorate the coal-mining heritage following the closure of the local mines in 1969. It aims to develop rural tourism, generate local employment and regenerate the town.
- Book today to enjoy our activities:
- •Tree Top Adventure & Climbing Wall course
- •Boating activities – Canoes & Paddle Boats
- •New Junior Adventure Course for 3 – 8-year-olds
- •305-meter-long zip line over our stunning lake. Ireland’s longest zip line
- •Octagon High Ropes course
- •Elf and Fairly Village
- •Coal mining exhibition
- •woodland Café – Canopy Café
- •woodland orienteering trails, installed by Irish Orienteering Association
- •Timber tumbles Playground
4 walking trails (FREE) Approved for listing on National Trails website