We are currently recruiting for part time Activity Instructors for our 2021 season.
While we are now in full lockdown, we are looking forward to brighter days and a new season of adventure at the Discovery Park. We are looking to recruit new activity instructors to be part of our team. Please note that any recruitment is subject to Covid restrictions being lifted. So if you are a student or someone looking for part time work get in touch!
Emails to email@example.com
Deadline March 5th 2021
Our Instructor Team are the face of our organisation providing memorable friendly, safe and quality experiences to all. Applicants must be at least aged 18 years.
- To operate all activities according to required operational standards & best practice as set out in the Operations Manual.
- To be responsible for the safety, instruction, supervision and enjoyment of participants
- Leading/instructing individuals or groups on particular activities
- To provide high quality experiences for participants
- To be familiar with all product offerings to enable upselling of activities to customers
- To ensure the correct storing and control of all the equipment in the activity area
- To ensure cash management is in accordance with company policy
- To communicate effectively with the Senior Outdoor Activity Instructors on all issues
- To comply with Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and to report and record all accidents/incidents correctly
- To assist with development of programmes and activities
- To attend team meetings and training courses as required and to meet agreed training needs
Hours of Work
While our normal season starts in March and ends in October. in 2021 we must work in conjunction with Government guidelines on Covid 19 on reopening, therefore we will recruit and train staff in expectation of a summer season.
Instructors will be required to work weekends, Bank Holidays and some evenings. It is also a requirement that activity instructors are available for mid week work also.
Desired (but not essential) Qualifications
- Experience in Outdoor Adventure
- ERCA Qualified
- Level 1 Kayak Instructor
- Level 1 Canoe Instructor
- First Aid, preferable REC 3 Qualified
- If over 25, full driving licence with BE category
- CARA Inclusive Adventure Activities
- Environmental Science/Ecology/Geography background
- MBLA Mountain Bike Leader Award
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Group management
- The ability to empathise and support individuals in situations which are physically and emotionally demanding
- Organisational and Logical approach
- Enthusiasm for the outdoor environment and your specialist activities
- The ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player
Please send your CV, cover letter and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org