We are currently recruiting for Activity Instructors and a Front of House Person
Deadline Thursday 12th Sept.
Emails to email@example.com, FAO Nichola.
Fast-paced Front-of-House Person
We are recruiting an enthusiastic and dynamic Reception & Administration Person to join our team on a part-time basis. The role involves high quality customer service along with a range of administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of the Visitor Centre and Activities.
- To provide the highest quality customer service and experience by phone, email and in-person
- To be familiar with all product offerings to enable upselling of activities to customers
- To sell, book and plan individual, school and group bookings
- To work with our integrated management and reservation system
- To operate till system and reconciliation at end of day
- To ensure cash management is in accordance with company policy
- To maintain Reception area as presentable and inviting at all times
- To communicate effectively with all staff
- Premises security at end of day
- Administration support for management
- To work on seasonal events – planning, coordination, implementation and review
- To comply with Health & Safety Policy and Procedures
- To attend team meetings and training courses as required and to meet agreed training need
- Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Qualification in office administration/ business/tourism/hospitality or similar
- Work in similar customer service role
- Cash Handling and Management
- Occupational First Aid Course (or equivalent)
- If over 25, full driving licence
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Fluent use of English language
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Ability to work and act decisively under pressure
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office, Internet Research)
Hours of Work
Weekend, Bank Holiday work will be required.
Curriculum Vitae & Cover Letter Applications by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be at least aged 18 years. Garda Vetting is required.
This role is supported by Pobal’s Community Services Programme. Applicants must meet CSP eligibility criteria.
Our Instructor Team are the face of our organisation providing memorable friendly, safe and quality experiences to all. Applicants must be at least aged 18 years.
To operate all activities according to required operational standards & best practice as set out in the Operations Manual.
To be responsible for the safety, instruction, supervision and enjoyment of participants
Leading/instructing individuals or groups on particular activities
To provide high quality experiences for participants
To be familiar with all product offerings to enable upselling of activities to customers
To ensure the correct storing and control of all the equipment in the activity area
To ensure cash management is in accordance with company policy
To communicate effectively with the Senior Outdoor Activity Instructors on all issues
To comply with Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and to report and record all accidents/incidents correctly
To assist with development of programmes and activities
To attend team meetings and training courses as required and to meet agreed training needs
Job Type / Category
Hours of Work
Instructors will be required to work weekends, Bank Holidays and some evenings. Candidates are required to be available for mid week work.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Desired (but not essential) Qualifications
Experience in Outdoor Adventure
Level 1 Kayak Instructor
Level 1 Canoe Instructor
First Aid, preferable REC 3 Qualified
If over 25, full driving licence with BE category
CARA Inclusive Adventure Activities
Environmental Science/Ecology/Geography background
Excellent leadership skills
Strong communication skills
The ability to empathise and support individuals in situations which are physically and emotionally demanding
Organisational and Logical approach
Enthusiasm for the outdoor environment and your specialist activities
The ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively under pressure
Ability to work as a team player
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary