Castlecomer Discovery Park is a multi-activity centre based in North Co. Kilkenny. We offer a wide range of exciting activities for all ages (families, schools, scouts, hen/stag, corporates etc.). Our activities include advanced high ropes courses, water-based activities, archery, axe-throwing, biking and educational field studies.
We are a fast-paced non-profit social enterprise with over 130,000 visitors annually. We are recruiting enthusiastic and dynamic Outdoor Instructors to join our dedicated and highly trained team. A very exciting and rewarding place to work!
About the Role
Our Instructor Team are the face of our organisation providing memorable friendly, safe and quality experiences to all. Applicants must be at least aged 18 years.
- To operate all activities according to required operational standards & best practice as set out in the Operations Manual.
- To be responsible for the safety, instruction, supervision and enjoyment of participants
- Leading/instructing individuals or groups on particular activities
- To provide high quality experiences for participants
- To be familiar with all product offerings to enable upselling of activities to customers
- To ensure the correct storing and control of all the equipment in the activity area
- To ensure cash management is in accordance with company policy
- To communicate effectively with the Senior Outdoor Activity Instructors on all issues
- To comply with Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and to report and record all accidents/incidents correctly
- To assist with development of programmes and activities
- To attend team meetings and training courses as required and to meet agreed training needs
Desired (but not essential) Qualifications
- Experience in Outdoor Adventure
- ERCA Qualified
- Level 1 Kayak Instructor
- Level 1 Canoe Instructor
- First Aid, preferable REC 3 Qualified
- If over 25, full driving licence with BE category
- CARA Inclusive Adventure Activities
- Environmental Science/Ecology/Geography background
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Group management
- The ability to empathise and support individuals in situations which are physically and emotionally demanding
- Organisational and Logical approach
- Enthusiasm for the outdoor environment and your specialist activities
- The ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively under pressure
- Ability to work as a team player
Hours of Work
Season begins in March and continues until end October. Instructors will be required to work weekends, Bank Holidays and some evenings.
Closing Date 28th February 2019
Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to Activity Manager, Jo McCarthy: firstname.lastname@example.org