Join our Activity Instructor Team! FULL TRAINING PROVIDED.
(Season, Part time and up to full time roles)
We also have positions in our Woodland Cafe & Reception.
Please send your CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Title: Activity Instructor
Reports to: Operations Manager
Consults with: Management and all staff
To be part of our activity instructor team to efficiently deliver activities and programmes for Castlecomer Discovery Park. You will be responsible for instructing members of the public and groups on activities to ensure a safe and a high-quality customer experience. You will work with the Activity Manager in delivering corporate team building programmes.
DUTIES AND RESPSONSIBILITIES:
· To operate all activities according to the required operational standards and best practice set out to all staff in the Operating Procedures Manuals
· To work with a team of instructors
· To carry out daily opening and closing procedures in activity areas
· To give due customer care and to meet and greet visitors and groups
· To lead and instruct individuals or groups in various activities organised
· To be responsible for storing and control of all the equipment in the activity areas
· To be familiar with all product offerings at the park to enable upselling of activities to customers
· To ensure cash management is in accordance with company policy
· To check and store signed disclaimer forms
· To communicate effectively with the Activity Manager and Instructors on all necessary issues
· To ensure involved person reports and records all accidents/incidents and complaints correctly
· To assist with development of programmes and activities particularly corporate team building
· To attend training courses as required and to meet agreed training needs
· Representing the park at conferences/events when necessary
· Any other duties as required by the Activity Manager General Manager.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Comply with Safety Statement at all times, and in accordance with company procedures and training.
· Training and certification in areas such as water sports, high ropes, archery, adventure activities
· Child Protection Course desirable
· Occupational First Aid Course/REC 3 (or equivalent desirable)
· Strong leadership skills
· Communication skills
· Work experience in similar activity instructor role or with large groups of people of all ages
· Good IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
· Customer service skills
· Fluent use of English language
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Confidence working at heights
Normal working week will run between Monday to Sunday with occasional evening work as required.
Outdoor work is required.
Salary: €10.50 per hour
we are Failte Ireland Covid Charter approved