Castlecomer Discovery Park partners with Kilkenny Recreation and Sports Partnership on a series of exciting Mountain Bike Course for Beginners.
2019 is off to a flying start at Castlecomer Discovery Park with its newest activity Mountain Biking, now open. Located in our beautiful woodlands, this activity is the perfect way for groups to get an introduction to the exhilarating activity of Mountain Biking.
For those who are new to the sport, the trails can seem intimidating, but the new trail at the Discovery Park while having lots of ramps and bends is an easy trail that can get you started to the sport. Trained instructors are on hand to teach you the basics and get you going.
In addition, The Discovery Park have partnered with Kilkenny Recreation and Sports Partnership to deliver a range of Mountain Bike course especially or beginners.
- Introduction to Mountain Biking, Women and Girls over 12 6th April €10* BOOK NOW
- Introduction to Mountain Biking, Youths 12+ 18th April €10* BOOK NOW
- Introduction to Mountain Biking, Older Teens only 15+ 19th April €10* BOOK NOW
- Experience Castlecomer Discovery Park’s Mountain Bike trail for the first time. Tried mountain biking before but want to try a new trail? 30th March €30pp * BOOK NOW
- Introduction to Mountain Biking for Newbies 23rd March €30pp BOOK NOW
“We are delighted to work with Kilkenny Recreation and Sports partnership (KRSP) on these courses, our aim is to target new groups that might be interested in getting involved in this growing and exhilarating sport. In support of promoting more involvement in the sport, the KRSP are sub venting the course fees so that it as accessible to as many people as possible” Kathy Purcell – Castlecomer Discovery Park
The course will take about three hours and each participant gets use of a state-of-the-art bike, Helmet and gloves. The Park has the very latest bikes from the Giant brand Range. These bikes feature Hardtail with Light aluminium frame, High volume tyres helping to climb, corner and descend with confidence.
- You will learn how to set up your bike including saddle position, handlebar set up, tyre pressure and how to avoid punctures.
- How to use your brakes and corner and navigate trails
- Seated and standing up pedalling techniques and how to use your gears effectively on various path types of terrain
- Minor trailside repairs including taking wheels off, quick releases and puncture repair
- Basic body position to maximise balance, safety and stability
- Rolling drops and how to deal with sections of trail
Mountain Biking is now available to book at Castlecomer Discovery Park.
Please call 056 4440707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org