CASTLECOMER DISCOVERY PARK REOPENING JUNE 2020
*Please book online to secure your preferred day, time and activity. With Covid restrictions activities open and times may vary!
Castlecomer Discovery Park has reopened in a phased way following the COVID-19 closure. To ensure safety of our staff and visitors, a comprehensive Return to Work and Reopening Plan was undertaken by the Management and Board of Directors of Castlecomer Discovery Park. This document summarises the measures in pace to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 contraction and spread at Castlecomer Discovery Park as we look towards reopening on June 25th 2020.
New policies and procedures have been developed following best practice guidelines from the Government of Ireland, NPHET, HSE and HSA. We have also sought guidance from industry colleagues in the adventure tourism sector, nationally and internationally.
- Additional COVID-19-specific Risk assessments have been carried out across all departments of operation to ensure any and all risks to both staff and customers have been mitigated.
- A detailed Training Plan has been developed for all staff returning to work at Castlecomer Discovery Park to ensure safe working environment and safe delivery of our products and services.
- A COVID-19 Compliance Officer has been appointed to ensure measures are followed and risk is minimised.
- Information signage and hygiene stations have been provided throughout the Park for staff and customer use.
- A reduced activity offering is in place for the initial reopening. As we progress, additional activities will reopen over the course of the coming months.
Castlecomer Discovery Park has several unique characteristics that enables us to reopen safely. Set in 80+ acres of woodland, the majority of our activities are outdoor with plenty of space of appropriate physical distancing. Our Visitor Centre is spacious and well-ventilated.
With these new measures in place, we hope you will visit Castlecomer Discovery Park in the coming weeks as we implement our phased reopening plan from mid-late June. Despite the current challenges, our goal remains to offer a safe, inclusive and fun experience for all visitors.
Guidance for Visitors to Castlecomer Discovery Park
Before departing for Castlecomer Discovery Park
Communication with all our customers is crucial in the safe reopening of our operation.
- Visitors must familiarise themselves with the measures and procedures in place at Castlecomer Discovery Park prior to arrival.
- Visitors must not attend Castlecomer Discovery Park if you or any member of your group feels unwell, has been asked to self-isolate, has COVID-10, has been abroad in the previous 14 days etc.
- Visitors must pre-book activities online. Capacity in all activity areas has been reduced as part of our safe operating measures. When guests book online, they will receive a booking confirmation which will have a list of what to expect when they arrive here including new measures and procedures that will be in place.
- Please print and complete the Acknowledgement of Risk Form(s) in advance of your arrival. This reduces queue time for all.
- We advise visitors to bring their own hand sanitiser for personal use before entering the site.
Arrival at Castlecomer Discovery Park
- Visitors must read and follow information signage throughout the Park.
- Entry to the Park is via our car park barrier system. We clean the entry machine twice daily. We advise visitors to use their own hand sanitiser before and after requesting a ticket for entry.
- We have a large car park area. We advise visitors to abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- The Visitor Centre operates an entry/exit policy with one door for entry only, the other for exiting.
- Visitors will be required to sanitize their hands at the entrance to the Visitor Centre and again at the Reception Desk.
- Please have your Booking Reference number and Acknowledgement of Risk Form(s) ready prior to arrival at the Reception Desk.
- Staff will process your booking, give wristbands where needed along with advice on hand sanitizer stations throughout the Park and what to do if they feel unwell.
- Contactless payments are encouraged.
- An entry/exit policy is in place for use of the toilet facilities. Visitors must follow this.
Activity throughout the Park
- Signage reinforcing social distancing
- Multiple hand sanitizing points located throughout
- Cash payment will not be possible at individual activity locations
- Prior to participating in any activity, customers will be asked to disinfect their hands before they take part.
- Equipment will be sanitised after each use (bows, arrows, buoyancy aids, boats etc.)
- The Canopy Café will reopen with strict hygiene procedures in place along with customer procedures. Customers must use picnic benches in a responsible manner.
Staffing at Castlecomer Discovery Park
- Prior to returning to work, all staff complete a comprehensive Training Plan in relation to the COVID-19 measures.
- Staff receive training in how COVID-19 is spread, how risk can be reduced and eliminated and what to do with a suspected case.
- Staff receive training in the revised operation of activities.
- Staff receive training in use of PPE.
- Staff may be subject to temperature checks upon arrival to work.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings when in public-facing roles.
New cleaning schedules have been established with increased frequency. A daily full-clean of the Visitor Centre is carried out along with regular cleaning of frequently-touched items throughout the day (e.g. Credit Card Terminals, Door Handles, phones, tables, chairs, pay station machine, ticket machine (barrier), toilets etc.)
Suspected COVID-19 Cases
While a member of the public, both customers and staff, should not visit Castlecomer Discovery Park if displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, we do have a plan in place to deal with such a possibility in a confidential and sensitive manner. In the event that a guest or staff member feels that they may be displaying the symptoms while in Castlecomer Discovery Park our plan includes –
- Our onsite staff member will assess each case
- Should it be necessary the individual will be provided with a face mask and be brought to a specially designated area
- Arrangements will be made for the individual and the remainder of their group to vacate the site as soon as possible
- As per our policy, a deep clean will be initiated of all areas suspected to be contaminated
- If applicable, we will gather details of close contacts.