The sun is shining and we are delighted to welcome you all back to the park. We have 80 acres of stunning outdoor space for you to enjoy. Some things have changed since Covid, some are the same, but we thought we should highlight things you should keep in mind when planning a day out at Castlecomer Discovery Park.
- This is a basic one, but such an important one, please don’t come to visit us if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who has Covid 19. Take care always to social distance and practice recommended hygiene etiquette.
- Bring a Picnic! Our large café is currently not operational, so bring along some sambo’s if you are making a day of it. Our Canopy Café is open and serves lovely coffee, tea, minerals, confectionary and ice cream, however does not have any sandwiches or hot food. There are also café options in the town of Castlecomer, we highly recommend the Avalon Hotel and The Lime Tree restaurant.
- Book Online – Due to Covid our capacity has been reduced and we highly recommend booking on line to secure your space. We do try to accommodate walk in’s however this is not guaranteed and on busy days you may not be able to get on the activity that you wanted. Book online at discoverypark.ie
- Leave Enough Time – You can enjoy a full day of enjoyment at Castlecomer Discovery Park, there is 80 acres with lovely looped walks and once you bring your picnic you can have a leisurely day in the outdoors. However, if you are doing activities and booking on line, leave yourself enough time between activities. We recommend at least 30 minutes between each activity to allow you to walk to your next activity. Leave time to register at the visitor centre, fill in your forms and get your bands. The typical duration of the activities are outlined on the online booking form.
- Toilets – Due to Covid 19 we have one set of toilet facilities on site, these are located in the visitor centre. So make sure to use the facilities there before you go into the woods!
- Masks – As you will be aware you are now required to wear a mask indoors or when in close contact with someone. We have disposable masks for sale but we recommend that you bring along your own mask. We have hand sanitizer around the park but we highly recommend that you bring your own also and use where you feel appropriate.
- Lastly but most importantly, Have fun!